Saturday, October 10, 2009

Visiting and Transitioning, October 10, 2009

My, I’ve gotten a bit behind in writing! On the way home from Venice, I stopped in Dayton to see my stepdaughter Michelle, son-in-law Hooman, and granddaughter Karida. We had a lovely visit. Michelle honored her father at a Bahá’í Feast meeting held at her home, bringing us both to tears. Karida enjoyed Nana’s presents, including a large box of shells for her to play with and share with friends and family. I wrote her a couple of times from Venice, including sending her a copy of Grampa’s music CD (see photo). She and I also enjoyed playing dressup together. Hooman blessedly worked on my car, touching up the paint, waxing it, and installing new brake rotors. So, busy weekend.

Entering my home again had a few emotional moments, especially going back into the prayer room that had been used as Craig’s bedroom. It helped to have visitors. My friends Brenda Maxwell Zografov and her husband Alex stopped by on their way from Bulgaria to Canada, which was a lovely treat. My sister-in-law Nancy and her husband Bob also came for a quick visit and shared my homemade chicken soup.

I’m settling back into home, which of course means making to-do lists again after not doing them in Venice! They are long ones! I’m clearing out things in the house, beginning to work again, getting over a cold, making tentative future plans, and praying a lot for guidance.

Love,
Susanne

1 comment: