Sunday, August 23, 2009

Alligators and Giuliana – August 23, 2009

On Wednesday the 19th, I traveled the 3.5 hours from Venice and across Alligator Alley to the East Coast of Florida to visit my granddaughter, Giuliana…oh, and of course her parents! However, I didn’t see a single alligator either coming or going through the Everglades. They have the whole highway fenced off from the swamp…so it was actually pretty tame from my position!

My daughter Jennifer was on antibiotics for a post-c-section infection, so she and the baby had unhappy digestive systems. They have promised me that eventually I’ll have a visit with them when everyone is feeling well! However, it was still good to visit and hold the baby, who, of course, has grown and changed since I last saw her a month ago. I also swam, helped Jen and Frank with their new website (http://www.career-search-and-more.com/), did artwork with Jennifer, had a Jin Shin Jytusu energy balancing treatment (http://www.jsjinc.net/), and visited and ate pizza with Frank’s family. I came home yesterday (Saturday).


I needed to be back in quiet space…I’m still finding it challenging to spend extended time with people. I got up this morning before dawn and headed to the beach for sunrise and swimming. Beautiful! I sat in a beach chair for a while and chuckled along with a wonderful book called God Loves Laughter. Did you know that E. E. Cummings once wrote, “The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.”?

Then I came home with goodies from the bakery, ate breakfast, and napped. This afternoon I finished up a handout for a colleague who is presenting a relationship workshop at a Bahá’í School in Tennessee. I know, I’m not supposed to be working. But, just a little bit here and there.
Enjoy the photos!

Love,
Susanne

No comments:

Post a Comment