Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Constellations, Project, Dates & Birds – August 26, 2009

This morning I did what I often do when awakening before sunrise – I walked outside to look at the stars. When I glanced to the left, I thought, oh there’s Cassiopeia. Now, since I had no clue what this constellation looked like and had never identified it before, I immediately recognized that long-time stargazer Craig had planted the thought. I ran back inside, booted up the computer, looked it up so I could be sure what I was seeing, and went back outside to check out the sky. Sure enough, of course he was right, and there it was! So, now my star recognition repertoire has grown beyond The Big Dipper and Orion! He and I then spent quite awhile communing on a variety of topics. It’s so lovely when I get my head out of the way and let the heart be engaged and this happens!
http://www.coldwater.k12.mi.us/lms/planetarium/myth/cassiopeia.html

One discussion topic with Craig was the fact that I’ve been editing the book we created in May called Empowered Healing, Creating Quality of Life While Journeying with Cancer. I wasn’t sure that it was wise to be working on it yet, but Craig affirmed that it’s timely. I shared it last night with a cancer/grieving support group at a local church, and one of the facilitators loved it. [The group was led by a couple named Mary and Joseph, and before the session began, I randomly opened up a hymnal to “Silent Night, Holy Night”…how’s that for serendipity?!]

I’m reaching out this week for more conversations and support because I’m aware that the date of our 10th wedding anniversary is approaching on Friday. I’m very much in grief mode. Everything seems to be making me cry. The massage therapist yesterday commented on how much pain I’m storing in my muscles and joints…he keeps making progress on releasing it (and so am I), but it will take months for my body to stop holding in all the pain. I went to gentle yoga on the beach this morning and floated in the ocean afterward. It’s all part of the process.

The photos with this posting are a sunset from my yard taken Monday evening – again looking at the Eastern sky, not towards the sun, and also two bird shots from yesterday morning’s trip to Manasota Beach. Apparently, the birds are from the Ardeidae family, with the white one likely an egret and the other a Great Blue Heron. http://www.mbr-pwrc.usgs.gov/Infocenter/infocenter.html This heron was Craig’s “totem”, symbolic for him. So, how lovely to be greeted by the heron on my arrival at the beach.

Love,
Susanne

No comments:

Post a Comment